Currently, all of our classes are being held online as we are unable to open our studio. Please select the classes you would like to join on our online classes page. All classes must be paid for by debit or credit card in advance. The online system will walk you through this process in a few simple clicks.
If you wish to cancel your booking for an online class or block of classes, please contact us at [email protected] 24 hours before your class and let us know the reason for your cancellation. We will do our best to transfer your booking to an alternative class, subject to availability, but if this is not possible, a refund may be given at our discretion.
PLEASE NOTE: You will NOT receive a refund for classes that have already taken place, for any cancellations received with less than 24 hours notice or for cancellations where alternative classes are available.
You will be asked to complete a screening form prior to joining any of our classes. Please read the information below carefully:
In order to avoid injury, we ask that you agree to follow all instructions given to you by your teacher. It being understood that any deviation by you from such instructions shall be at your own risk.
We cannot be held responsible for any injuries suffered, caused in whole or in part by failure to faithfully follow instructions.
Our classes are not suitable if you cannot take responsibility for yourself either physically or emotionally.
By completing the screening form you confirm that you are medically and physically and in all respects fit and able to participate in our classes.
Our Responsibilities. We will:
- Work within our area of knowledge and expertise, supported by a nationally accredited instructor qualification/certificate in the specific area of instruction and apply relevant health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Pre-screen each participant prior to every training session. If the participant has any medical conditions, injuries or other conditions which may affect their participation in the proposed exercise activity they must gain consent from their GP prior to participation.
- Assess the suitability of the activity based on the health and capability of the participant, follow any specific guidelines provided by the GP, adapt the exercise accordingly and closely monitor health and well-being.
- Provide safe and effective instruction to prevent injury and promote health.
- Ensure confidentiality of data in line with GDPR. Relevant permission must be gained in order to share content.
- Limit class times to suit individual ability levels.
- Limit class numbers to provide safe and effective coaching.
Your Responsibilities. You Must Ensure:
- There is sufficient space to perform the exercises safely and move freely without obstacles or obstructions, free from furniture, equipment and other hazards – a minimum of four square metres per person.
- Any equipment is safe and in a suitable condition for the activity being performed.
- The surrounding floor space is entirely clear to remove any hazards that may increase the risk of slips,
trips or falls.
- There are no distractions throughout the duration of the session.
- There is sufficient heating, lighting, ventilation and hydration.
In addition, the following disclaimer applies in respect of any pre-recorded sessions:
As with all fitness and exercise programmes, when using this exercise video you need to use your
common sense. To reduce and avoid injury, you will want to check with your doctor before beginning any
fitness programme. By performing any fitness exercises without supervision, you are performing them at
your own risk. Pilates North East will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of this fitness programme, DVD, online fitness video or information shared on our website. This includes emails, videos and text.
If for any reason the scheduled class teacher becomes unavailable, we will do our best to find a replacement with the same standard of qualifications. Should this not be possible, you will be informed in advance.